The Mentor Network Physical Therapy Assistant - Per Diem in Standish, Maine
Physical Therapy Assistant - Per Diem Primary Location: ME-MEStandish-234 Northeast Rd Function: Program Services Coordination/Case Management NeuroRestorative Maine NeuroRestorative ME is seeking a part time Physical Therapy Assistant, COTA, Certified/Licensed Recreation Therapists or similar backgrounds to fill the role of "Cognitive Retraining Specialists" at multiple locations including Sebago, Standish, Kennebunk, and Old Orchard Beach. NeuroRestorative ME serves adults with brain injuries and other neurological disorders.
For NeureoRestorative and The MENTOR Network, a Physical Therapy Assistant is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluates program participants through appropriate evaluation procedures and develops written treatment programs for each participant.
- Administers appropriate treatment programs and communicates program participant needs to appropriate staff. Provides needed re-evaluation and programmatic changes as necessary.
- Maintains timely and appropriate program participant/administrative and department documentation.
- Ensures adherence to CARF, licensure standards, and ethics of confidentiality.
- Attends programmatic meetings on request for team reports, policy setting, exchange of information, etc.; attends other appropriate meetings/conferences as needed.
- Attends PT meetings to exchange, discuss, and evaluate program participant treatment programs.
- Serves on rehabilitation treatment team(s). Communicates with physicians, staff, professionals/paraprofessionals, consultants, families, and community resources as needed to ensure effectiveness of physical therapy program.
- Plans and implements in-service programs in area for PT staff and other groups as requested/assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in orientation programs for new staff, program participants, and PT/PTA students.
- Writes weekly service summaries and maintains daily billing summaries and turns them into the appropriate staff.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.