The Mentor Network Direct Support Professional in Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
Direct Support Professional Primary Location: United States-MN-MNSaint Louis Park Function: Direct Support Professional (Care Givers) REM Hennepin Description
LOOKING TO JUMP START YOUR CAREER WITH A FLEXIBLE JOB OPPORTUNITY THAT WILL ACCOMMODATE YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE?
Join our team as a Caregiver/Direct Support Professional today!
REM Hennepin is a great place to gain experience in: Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, Pre-Med, Alcohol and Drug Counseling, Education, Child Development, Sociology, Criminal Justice, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Mental Health.
Since we support programs on a 24/7 basis, we have many shifts and schedules available:
- Full-time or part-time
- Afternoons, evenings, weekends and overnights
This position provides services to people with a broad array of ages and disabilities, whether that be behavioral, physical, or mental health through assistance with activities of daily living, similar to Direct Care Providers and Certified Nursing Assistants, such as:
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible