The Mentor Network Health Services Supervisor in Sacramento, California
Health Services Supervisor Primary Location: United States-CA-CASacramento Function: Clinical California MENTOR
Everybodyneeds a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated tomaking a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support adultswith Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
Doyou have leadership experience working with people with intellectual anddevelopmental disabilities and you’re looking for a meaningful change in yourwork life? Leverage your skills withCalifornia MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated,dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Plan and organize activities in nursing services, to ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and the facility’s administrative procedures.
- Manage the administration of medications, performance of physicals, provision of treatments, and scheduling of medical appointments.
- Evaluate nursing activities to ensure patient care, staff relations, and efficiency of service.
- Observe nursing care and visit patients to ensure that nursing care is carried out as directed and that treatment is administered in accordance with physician's instructions
- Inspect patient facilities for cleanliness and comfort.
- Order, or direct ordering of drugs, solutions, and equipment, and maintain records on narcotics.
- Investigate and resolve complaints, and refer unusual problems to superior.
- Plan and organize orientation and in-service training for unit staff members, and participate in guidance and educational programs.
- If licensed as an LPN or LVN, manages administration of medications, physicals, and provision of medical treatments in collaboration with an RN.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- Direct and supervise two or more RN's or LVN's including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training.
- Make decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions.
- Resolve employee problems within position responsibilities.
If youhave leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hearfrom you!