The Mentor Network Social Worker in Rockville, Maryland
Social Worker Primary Location: MD-MDRockville-400 E Gude Dr Function: Behavioral/Mental Health Professional Maryland ADH
Every person needsthe support of others, but we look for very special people to support theseniors and adults we serve.
As a Social Worker with Adult Day Health , you’ll be one of those special people. Adult Day Health offers a continuum of services andsupports for elders, including those with complex medical orrehabilitative needs. Our services help those we serve feel their best andbe as active as they would like to be. Our caring staff works with eachparticipant to create an individualized Plan of Care thatfits their needs and interests. For one adult, this may mean help managingan illness such as diabetes. For another, it may mean social activities;help with medications and meals tailored to their special dietaryneeds. Depending on each person’s unique needs, the care plan may includeservices such as nursing care, social activities, healthy,delicious meals, and transportation to and from their local center.
Adult Day Health is seeking a Social Worker to be responsible for the evaluation and treatment of clients admitted.The Social Worker will adhere to the specific scope of service for activities related to the evaluation and treatment of clients in the home and community.
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluation including gathering data from client records, interviews, observation and dialogue with other team members
- Development and implementation of a treatment plan according to physician orders which includes establishing client goals, continuous re-evaluation of progress and appropriate modification of the plan
- Timely preparation of written documentation of client progress including initial evaluations, progress reports, discharge summaries and other requested reports
- One to one counseling with client/and or family members in their home or other appropriate setting
- Attends team conferences and reports on client’s progress and current status in therapy as well as collaboratively assisting the team in identifying realistic goals
- Completes and turns in billing information in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively with internal case manager
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.