The Mentor Network Licensed Practical Nurse -(LPN/LVN) Per Diem in Pleasanton, California
Licensed Practical Nurse -(LPN/LVN) Per Diem Primary Location: CA-CAPleasanton-446 Sycamore Rd Function: Clinical CareMeridian
CareMeridian is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join CareMeridian and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
CareMeridian is currently seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse to improve and sustain superior performance of the facility as evidenced by quality outcomes and financial returns. Emphasis is placed on CareMeridian’s mission and values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function
listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Perform and document resident assessments upon admission and on
angoing basis through discharge.
2. Complete all required nursing documentation accurately and timely.
3. Participate in “hand off” report.
4. Observe, record and report to supervisor or physician in a timely manner, any changes in the resident’s
5. Participates in the development and updating of the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care within the required
6. Implement the plan of care, using appropriate nursing interventions according to CareMeridian’s
Policies and Procedures and regulatory guidelines.
7. Administer and document medications and treatments as ordered, and observe and document the
8. Transcribe and carry out physicians’ orders.
9. Initiate emergency procedures per CareMeridian’s Policy and Procedure, if needed.
10. Assist physicians as necessary.
11. Participate in Interdisciplinary Team Conferences, as required.
12. Provide resident and/or caregiver education.
13. Communicate and cooperate with the interdisciplinary team to ensure that all therapeutic
interventions are carried out timely.
14. Attend and participate in continuing education programs per CareMeridian’s policies and regulatory
15. Complete and submit Incident and Accident Reports as needed.
16. Follow Safety Policies and Procedures at all times to include participation in fire and emergency
17. Maintain the confidentiality of all residents’ data, per HIPAA requirements.
18. Participate in the Performance Improvement Program.
19. Use equipment per manufacturers’ instructions.