The Mentor Network Director of Nursing (DON) in Phoenix, Arizona
Director of Nursing (DON) Primary Location: AZ-AZPhoenix-5301 E Thomas Rd Function: Management CareMeridian
CareMeridian iscurrently seeking a Director of Nursing (DON) for our 31 bed facilitylocated in Phoenix, AZ to improve and sustain superior performance ofthe facility as evidenced by quality outcomes and financial returns. Emphasisis placed on CareMeridian’s mission and values.
CareMeridian is currently seeking a Director of Nursing (DON) to improve and sustain superior performance of the facility as evidenced by quality outcomes and financial returns. Emphasis is placed on CareMeridian’s mission and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and organize the daily functions of the Nursing department.
- Participate in the development and updating of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Available 24/7 by phone, unless another qualified Registered Nurse (RN) has been scheduled to be available.
- Complete pre-admission resident evaluations at their current place of care.
- Ensure that all Safety Policies and Procedures are followed at all times, including timely completion and submission of all incident and accident reports.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines, licensing requirements and all CareMeridian and related MENTOR Policies and Procedures.
Responsible for the supervision of the Case Management department to include:
Admission process and resident business files
- Resident funding
- Additional funding resources
- Discharge planning
Interdisciplinary team conferences
Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, providing corrective action and terminating nursing staff.
- Maintain staffing levels within regulations and budgetary guidelines.
- Provide and manage Continuing Education Program.
- Ultimately responsible for assuring that all residents and staff records are kept organized, complete and confidential.
- Initiate and manage emergency procedures.
- Manage the Performance Improvement Program.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required by the Administrator.
- Travel is required.
Supervise the development and organization of the Nursing department
Use independent judgment and follow regulatory guidelines in the delivery of quality resident care.
- Plan and organize day-to-day functions of resident care.
- Anticipate, identify and analyze problems effectively and make appropriate recommendations or intervene as necessary.