The Mentor Network Special Education Teacher in Mount Prospect, Illinois
Special Education Teacher Primary Location: United States-IL-ILMount Prospect Function: Clinical NeuroRestorative Illinois
is currently seeking a full-time
Special Education Teacher!
Founded in 1977, NeuroRestorative was the first dedicated after-hospital rehabilitation program in the country for people with brain injuries and has continued as a leader in the field for more than 40 years.
We are an organization that values people - those we serve and those who join us on our mission.
Special Education Teachers provide on-site and alternative/additionaleducational services to adolescent program participants in a cognitiveretraining & educational setting in accordance with their rehabilitationprogram.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides quality educational servicesfor adolescents
- Provides educational assistance toprogram participants at their academic placement.
- Coordinates carry-over strategiesdeveloped by the cognitive or trans-disciplinary team.
- Attends weekly clinical team meetings withthe communication/cognition team.
- Completes all necessary documentationsuch as service summaries, reports, billing slips, etc.
- Supervises and assists in developmentand implementation of curriculum.
- Develops methods of evaluating studentprogress.
- Meets with parents and students toseek solutions to problems.
- Implements policy and procedure of theclassroom environment.
- Attends all mandatory training
- Other duties as assigned