The Mentor Network Occupational Therapist in Littleton, Colorado
Occupational Therapist Primary Location: CO-COLittleton-5945 S Wright St Function: Clinical CareMeridian
Occupational therapy will provideservices to residents that will assist and enable them to better
participate in the activities ofeveryday life. They achieve this outcome by facilitating residents
to do things that will enhancetheir ability to participate or by modifying the environment to
better support participation.They provide intervention which will help residents regain function,
maintain level of functioning, ormake accommodations for any deficits they may be
OT License Required
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support (- individuals with disabilities; and adults with brain injury. As an Occupational Therapist with CareMeridian you’ll be one of those special people.
For CareMeridian and The MENTOR Network the Occupational Therapist is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
CareMeridian is seeking an Occupational Therapist to provide program participant evaluations, occupational therapy services, and may supervise Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides quality service delivery through evaluation and testing of program participants and the development of effective treatment plans for each participant.
- Administers innovative treatment programs to program participants and communicates treatment needs to appropriate staff. Provides re-evaluation and programmatic changes as necessary. Effectively manages assigned caseload.
- Sets up appropriate home exercise programs for participants in a timely manner. Performs home evaluations as needed.
- Maintains timely and appropriate program participant documentation including report of services. Completes weekly schedule request to meet OT goals of staff/program participants and submits it to supervisor.
- Serves on rehabilitation treatment team(s), including but not limited to attending team meetings, attending conferences, etc. Attends departmental meetings for program development and establishing effective systems of operations team enhancement.
- Attends training or seminars on a yearly basis to update knowledge and skills. Completes all mandatory training offered by CCS.
- Collaborates with physicians, staff, professionals/paraprofessionals, consultants, families, and community resources as needed to ensure effectiveness of occupational therapy program.
- Provides/Participates in in-service programs in areas of expertise for OT and all of CCS staff as requested.
- Participates in maintenance of targeted departmental budget and monitoring of equipment.
- Adheres to Service Monitoring System (SMS) standards for department, accreditation and licensure standards, and ethics of confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.