The Mentor Network Foster Care Case Manager in Independence, Ohio
Foster Care Case Manager Primary Location: OH-OHIndependence-6200 Rockside Woods Blvd Function: Program Services Coordination/Case Management Ohio MENTOR Description
Every person needs thesupport of others, but we look for very special people to support childrenwith emotional, behavioral or medical complexities. As a Foster CareCase Manager with Ohio MENTOR you’ll be one of those specialpeople.
Serving as a Foster Care Case Manager , you can havean amazing impact in the quality of services for the children and families wesupport. Work with children and their foster parents while making weeklyvisits to their home. Oversee all services provided to individuals andtheir families, monitor quality of care delivered, and ensure compliance withstate regulations. Be part of a strong team of social workers andclinicians in this innovative community based model.
Foster Care Case Managers are a critical link to the community for those who we serve, aswell as serving as a ridge between our direct care and clinical staff to ensurethe seamless delivery of services to the individuals we support.
We are looking for adynamic and passionate person who is a strong advocate for children and who iscommitted to assisting with the challenges of adjusting to foster homes whileworking on a permanent placement plan. Our Foster Care Case Managers role provides a fantastic opportunity toserve families and to continue a career path in Social and Human Services.
Specific tasks include:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of services and treatments to the individuals we serve
- Partner with foster parents and other internal resources to support transition needs for children in homes
- As part of the treatment team, collaborate with many other professionals (Schools Administrators, Funding Sources, Therapists, Guardians, Parents)
- Attend weekly supervision meetings with Program Director to address questions, gain support, troubleshoot client needs; attend weekly staff meetings to discuss program needs.
- Serve in rotation (with Supervisor back-up) for After Hours Emergency On Call response
- Make weekly visits to foster parents and children in their home