The Mentor Network Residential Counselor in Hackettstown, New Jersey
Residential Counselor Primary Location: NJ-NJHackettstown-4 Dogwood Ct Function: Direct Support Professional (Care Givers) New Jersey MENTOR
Ready to put yourskills to use?!
We make the world a better place for Youth at Risk. OurSpecialty Group Homes are designed for youth with intensive clinical needs andwe are a leader in caring support and Intensive therapy.. New JerseyMentor is looking for more support specialists who have the talent, education,and energy to team with us on our mission of improving the lives of the Youthat Risk. If you have at least a High school diploma, 3 years ofverifiable experience working with Youth at Risk or Bachelor’s degree inSocial/Human services, Psychology with 1 year experience, and understand thatyour interactions with youths provide the path for a better future, we wouldlike to talk with you.
- Orient youth within 24 hours of program admission.
- Provide training, assistance and/or supervision to youth in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration and/or job skills development.
- Establish a therapeutic relationship with the youth receiving services to ensure effective guidance, direct support and service delivery.
- Attend monthly treatment plan meeting(s).
- Provide weekly pre-vocational skills and Lifeskills training.
- Provide support to youth, to ensure objectives are met in accordance with the Service Plan.
- Coordinating, organizing and/or assisting with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation may be required.
- May provide transportation for youth receiving services, planned and/or necessary activities and appointments.
- Maintain current progress and service notes and any other appropriate documentation in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy, program and New Jersey state statutes.
- Complete and submit all required documents.
- Provide supervisor with feedback and data relevant to day-to-day human/social services, Service Plans or administrative policy.
- Actively attend and participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings as required.
- Attend training and other meetings as mandated.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights and practice universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy.