The Mentor Network Cognitive Retraining Therapist - Egg Harbor City in Galloway, New Jersey
Cognitive Retraining Therapist - Egg Harbor City Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJGalloway Function: Program Services Coordination/Case Management NeuroRestorative New Jersey
NeuroRestorative New Jersey, a partner of TheMentor Network, is seeking a Cognitive Retraining Therapist for our Day TreatmentCenter in Egg Harbor Township to provide facility based individual and familytherapeutic services to clients, as well as to assess the ongoing need forcognitive therapeutic services at the client's current level of care.
This is a full time position with benefits. Wewill provide all the necessary training and support to be successful in thisrole. Applicants must have a valid license, a clean driving record, and aminimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support adults with brain injuries. As a Cognitive Retraining Specialist with NeuroRestorative, you’ll be one of those special people.
For NeuroRestorative and The MENTOR Network, a Cognitive Retraining Specialist is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide and maintain an orderly, safe, clean and warm therapeutic environment.
- Closely follow the Day Program schedule of assignments and seek approval from the Day Program Administrator for any necessary changes.
- Provide individual and group therapies to clients with the support of the Cognitive Coordinator.
- Monitor clients during transitional times, lunch, and breaks. This includes behavioral, toileting, and general assistance as needed.
- Attend assigned IRP meetings, Day Program team meetings, staff meetings, and additional meetings as assigned.
- Complete all required documentation including, but not limited to behavior charts, FYI’s, incident reports, monthly reports, IRP reports, therapy notes, lesson plans, and so forth.
- Treat clients with respect, dignity, and compassion at all times.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times and ensure confidentiality of privileged information.
- Complete all cognitive therapy assessments on an annual basis to all persons served, as determined by the Cognitive Coordinator.
- Cooperate with the licensee and Department of Human Services in any inspection or investigation.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by Cognitive Coordinator, Day Program Administrator, Vice President of Operations, President and CEO.