The Mentor Network Driver in Gaithersburg, Maryland
Driver Primary Location: MD-MDGaithersburg-8 Metropolitan Ct Function: Direct Support Professional (Care Givers) Maryland ADH
Adult Day Health is looking for an individual who is caring and committed to adult and elders' well-being.
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support the seniors and adults we serve. As a Driver/Program Assistant with Adult Day Health, you’ll be one of those special people. Serving as a Driver/PA, you can have an amazing impact in the quality of services for the adults and families we support as you work to insure our program meets our members’ individual needs. Be part of a strong team making a difference in their lives each day. For ADH and The MENTOR Network, a Driver/PA is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
Adult Day Health is seeking a dynamic and passionate person to serve as Driver/Program Assistant and provide safe, reliable transportation services between clients’ homes and the facility, and to/from appointments as needed. Coordinate with the transportation supervisor and clinical team and drive clients/staff to events and outings as directed. Offer safety assistance when boarding and off-loading at all destinations. Participate in programming at the center to facilitate activities, meals and care as needed.
Specific tasks include:
- Daily, weekly, monthly safety and maintenance checks of assigned vehicle(s).
- Assists clients with transferring following training guidelines
- Monitors and assists in serving at mealtimes as necessary,
- Works as a member of the treatment team. Cooperates and effectively communicates with other staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of Living Skills and programming for each participant
- Facilitates leisure planning with participants. Assists participants with participation in activities. Accompanies participants on leisure activities.
- Interacts with participants in an empathetic, respectful, caring, and dignified manner
- Adheres to Emergency Manual guidelines
- Is well trained and is able to conduct emergency drills
- Maintains cleanliness and appearance of clients at all times. Complete all cleaning activities as identified on cleaning schedule and as assigned by supervisor.
- Completes necessary documentation, reports, etc. in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner
- Attends staff meetings, conferences, in-services as assigned by supervisor
- Assists with compliance of DPH requirements
- Follows confidentiality requirements at all times
- Adheres to Participant Bill of Rights and other policies and procedures
- Cares for and maintains all recreation and residential equipment. Confers with supervisor regarding current equipment status and needs. Communicates supply and maintenance needs to supervisor
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and to initiate, develop and facilitate groups
- Responsible for participant safety and well-being at all times
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and the Employee Information Guide
- Successfully completes mandatory training. Responsible for attending annual refresher/ re-certification courses prior to certification expiration dates.