The Mentor Network Quality Improvement Specialist in Fairmont, Minnesota
Quality Improvement Specialist Primary Location: United States-MN-MNMankato Function: Quality REM Heartland
Apply with REM Heartland as a Quality Improvement Specialist and join our amazing team of professionals who are making a difference in the lives of others every day!
REMHeartland is seeking a QualityImprovement Specialist toprovide leadership and support to a regionwith respect to quality improvement. Thisposition is responsible for implementing The Network’s, Operating Groups, andstate-specific quality systems for a region and/or service line. They assist in the implementation ofinitiatives and assurances under the direction of a QI Manager and/oroperations. Conducts internal reviews of program operationsand monitors compliance with internal and external requirements. Supports stateoperations and assigned region and/or service line to comply with allapplicable internal and external quality of services standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Representsan assigned region and/or service line within a state on the state's QI Teamand participates in regional leadership team meetings.
- Facilitatesand verifies implementation of state-specific continuous quality improvementplans.
- Providesquality assurance / improvement technical assistance and subject matterexpertise with local process improvement initiatives.
- Facilitatescommunication with local operations managers to elicit feedback and disseminateinformation, as directed through a state plan
- Coordinatesimplementation of training programs and delivers training as assigned.
- Verifiesimplementation of effective strategies for improvement that were designed tomeasure and improve outcome measures.
- Monitorsquality improvement goals and tracks outcomes and measurements.
- Reviewsincident data and prepares and analyses trended reports for local operationsmanagers and QI Manager.
- Conductsincident reporting training and technical support in a region and/or serviceline.
- Conductsinternal investigations of incidents and/or allegations per local protocol andas assigned.
- Conductsor assists with the provision of QI and risk management training to appropriatepersonnel in acquired companies.
- Conductsregular reviews of program operations and services to appraise levels at whichprograms are in compliance with established external and internal standards.
- Monitorscompliance with contractual obligations, state and federal regulations,accreditation standards and internal operating practices.
- Conductsaudits and supports operations to prepare for licensing / certificationreviews.
- Partnerswith local operations and QI Manager to design correction plans for findings ofnoncompliance.
- Conductsaudits to verify completion of correction plans in response to surveys.
- CompletesNetwork Performance Audits, as assigned and reviews compliance with Network andstate-specific consumer funds policies.
- Partnerswith local operations to implement and verify service model-specific policiesand procedures.
- SupportOperations with implementing local customer engagement activities.
- Supportlocal customer engagement survey process through promotion, planning,completion, data collection, etc.