The Mentor Network Cook and Housekeeper On Call in Elk Grove, California
Cook and Housekeeper On Call Primary Location: CA-CAElk Grove-7601 Jacinto Rd Function: Maintenance/Housekeeping/Food Services CareMeridian
CareMeridian's Elk Grove facilityis seeking ais seeking a Cook/Housekeeper to coordinatemenus and maintain kitchen inventory and handle food properly in compliancewith health safety.The Cook will prepare food for consumers and ensure cooking equipment is in good order.For Housekeeping:to clean all commonareas, ensuring that the home or facility is neat and debris free and assistwith cooking and providing meals for our patients as necessary.
For CareMeridian and The MENTOR Network the Cook is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Cookalso happens to be a great place to start in our company with a myriad ofcareer options to move up and across the organization.
Whether you haveprevious experience in this capacity or this just sounds like the type ofcareer path you would like to pursue…we want to hear from you!
Every person needs thesupport of others, but we look for very special people to support braininjury, spinal cord, an other life-altering injuries and medically-complexillnesses. CareMeridian offers a distinctive service delivery model, merging anexperience skilled healthcare and rehabilitation team with state-of-the-arttechnology in community based program settings designed to meet eachindividuals unique needs at ever stage of recovery - individuals withdisabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities;children and adults with brain injury). As a Cook/Housekeeper with CareMeridian you’llbe one of those special people.
Essential Job Functions
- Cook is responsible for preparing all meals,breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Follow menus and recipes and is responsible forthe grocery shopping.
- Prepare food for consumersand ensure cooking equipment is in good order.
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Order all food and cooking supplies and equipment required by nursing staff with approval of management.
- Store inventory in orderly, neat fashion to prevent expiration and contamination.
- Perform weekly and monthly cycle counts to ensure inventory levels are maintained.
- Will check deliveries against invoices and opens boxes to make sure goods are undamaged.
- Receive, label, and stock supplies from vendors.
- Must minimize waste of supplies and misuse of equipment.
- Practice dependable, regular attendance.
- Maintaining and cleaning storage facilities.
- Labeling and rotating supplies.
- Keeping records of inventories.
- Housekeeping: Clean all common areas, ensuring that the home or facility is neat and debris free and assist with cooking and providing meals for our patients as necessary.
- Able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment.
- Able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must understand and follow company policies, including harassment and complaint procedures.
- Assist in the evacuation of residents.
Founded in 1989, CareMeridian provides a continuum of high quality, cost-effective post-acute care and rehabilitation options to people of all ages with brain, spinal cord and other life-altering injuries and medically-complex illnesses. With program locations throughout the Western United States, CareMeridian offers a distinctive service delivery model, merging an experienced and skilled health care and rehabilitation team with state-of-the-art technology in community-based program settings designed to meet each individual’s unique needs at every stage of recovery.