The Mentor Network Program Director in Duluth, Minnesota
Program Director Primary Location: United States-MN-MNDuluth Function: Management REM Arrowhead Description
Under the direction of an AreaDirector or Regional Director, the Program Director leads the day-to-day operations for program(s) providing services to individuals with Intellectual and DevelopmentalDisabilities within a community or small geographic area.
Oversee theoperations of each site, including program management; financial management; propertymanagement; staff supervision and development; and maintaining individual,family, and community relations. Ensure safety and qualityof services and compliance with regulatory requirements. Collaboratewith Program Supervisor and Human Resources to hire,train, schedule, and manage staff, and to create and maintain apositive work environment for all employees.
- Oversee operations ofone to four programs with 10 to 25 individuals in a community or smallgeographic area with combined revenues of approximately $1 to $3 million.
- Manage programimplementation of health and safety programs for individuals receiving servicesand employees.
- Oversee programquality enhancement and develop individual program plans; coordinate Networkstandards, licensing requirements and individuals supported needs; review andsubmit incident reports.
- Establish and managerelations with individuals receiving services, families and guardians;implement individual enhancement plans as appropriate.
- Provide leadershipincluding direct supervision of assigned staff; implement Network employeepractices; implement program safety and workers’ compensation programs;recommend and assist with involuntary terminations and written warnings;provide employee orientation and training.
- Implement programcore growth strategy to maintain or increase census, maximize utilization andoccupancy percentages and assist with new start development as appropriate.
- Maintain and fosterrelations with case managers and referral agents; lobby on behalf ofindividuals receiving services.
- Responsible for thefinancial performance of individual programs; complete purchasing of programsupplies; and review and submit billing compliance documentation.
- Implement programincident management protocols; ensure timely incident reporting andimplementation of corrective action.
- Maintain programcompliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, safe livingand working environments. Ensurepleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential livingenvironments; and address any maintenance needs of residence and property.
- Maintain licensingand compliance for program services and supports; ensure timely and accurateprogram documentation; implement Network compliance plan; review correctionorders; and implement compliance plans.
- Direct and supervise staff including performance evaluations,scheduling, orientation, and training. Make decisions on employee hires,transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similaractions. Work closely with HR to address and resolve employee relations and performanceissues.