The Mentor Network Licensed Vocational Nurse in Dripping Springs, Texas
Licensed Vocational Nurse Primary Location: United States-TX-TXDripping Springs Function: Clinical MENTIS Neuro Health
Bring your Nursing experience to our growing, mission-driven organization!
Come join our amazing team of Licensed Vocational Nurses supporting individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses. Make a difference every day as a patient advocate providingprescribed medical treatment and personal services.
This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path within Specialty Rehabilitation, and work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges with high staff-to-patient ratios.
As a LVN with Mentis Neuro Health, you will have high-impact, providing nursing services, training and supports to address the medical and behavioral needs of individuals with Acquired Brain Injury and other catastrophic injuries.
Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of the individuals we serve
- Monitor the health conditions of individuals served, ensure quality services provided
Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services
Administer medications and provide documentation according to established guidelines
- Conduct assessments, implement health care plans and respond to changes of condition
Ensure physicians’ orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Treatment Plan
- Actively attend and participate in team meetings as required
- Maintain confidentiality and treat others with dignity and respect in all you do
Assist Life Skills Trainers or direct care staff with individualized care and supervision of residents. Assist in initial and ongoing assessment
Accurately and effectively communicate results of evaluations in rounds, following guidelines to effectively interpret evaluation results.
- Assist in collection and documentation of admission data, reporting observations and health changes to the Physician.
Conduct ongoing monitoring of residents’ status by making frequent rounds and reporting/documenting changes. Assist in planning residents care
Report pertinent observations to assist in identifying problems.
- Assist in development of nursing goals for individuals served.
Maintain knowledge of priorities and goals for individuals served. Assist in implementation of nursing actions
Demonstrate safe and effective administration of specialty procedures and technical skills required of individuals served.
- Implement and document nursing care every shift to accomplish goals.
- Request consultation/supervision from individuals with validated knowledge and skills when unsure of own ability or dealing with a new or unfamiliar situation.
- Ensure that supplies and equipment for care are available, clean, and ready for next use.
Maintain universal precautions or specific precautions when providing nursing care to all residents/clients. Assist in evaluation of patient’s progress/achievement of goals
Communicate pertinent information and evaluation of individual’s progress through participating in change of shift report.
- Evaluate and document resident/client responses to nursing interventions and regimen prescribed by the treatment team.
- Evaluate effectiveness of equipment and methods used in resident/client care.
Assist in revising resident/client care priorities/plans as appropriate, based on evaluation of goals not met or status change. Provide educational activities to patient/caregiver
Assist in identifying educational/training needs for residents and staff.
- Utilize appropriate teaching methods and available resources to reach desired educational goal.
- Assume responsibility for communicating resident/client status to the Nurse Manger or physician.
- Provide for continuity of care by coordinating with personnel in other departments/agencies
- Assume delegated responsibilities in emergency situations according to Mentis policy and procedure.
Hold self and staff accountable for completion of assignments, compliance with policies/procedures/ standards. Integrate knowledge of age specific care needs for adults and geriatrics -
Demonstrate knowledge of growth and development.
- Demonstrate ability to assess age specific data.
- Demonstrate ability to interpret age specific data.
- Demonstrate age appropriate communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrate knowledge of significant involvement in treatment plan.