The Mentor Network Occupational Therapist in Beltsville, Maryland
Occupational Therapist Primary Location: MD-MDBeltsville-4600 Powder Mill Rd Function: Clinical NeuroRestorative Maryland
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support brain injury - individuals with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury). As an Occupational Therapist with NeuroRestorative MD you’ll be one of those special people.
For NeuroRestorative MD and The MENTOR Network the Occupational Therapist is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
NeuroRestorative MD is seeking an Occupational Therapist to provide program participant evaluations, occupational therapy services, and may supervise Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides quality service delivery through evaluation and testing of program participants and the development of effective treatment plans for each participant.
- Administers innovative treatment programs to program participants and communicates treatment needs to appropriate staff. Provides re-evaluation and programmatic changes as necessary. Effectively manages assigned caseload.
- Sets up appropriate home exercise programs for participants in a timely manner. Performs home evaluations as needed.
- Maintains timely and appropriate program participant documentation including report of services. Completes weekly schedule request to meet OT goals of staff/program participants and submits it to supervisor.
- Serves on rehabilitation treatment team(s), including but not limited to attending team meetings, attending conferences, etc. Attends departmental meetings for program development and establishing effective systems of operations team enhancement.
- Attends training or seminars on a yearly basis to update knowledge and skills. Completes all mandatory training offered by CCS.
- Collaborates with physicians, staff, professionals/paraprofessionals, consultants, families, and community resources as needed to ensure effectiveness of occupational therapy program.
- Provides/Participates in in-service programs in areas of expertise for OT and all of CCS staff as requested.
- Participates in maintenance of targeted departmental budget and monitoring of equipment.
- Adheres to Service Monitoring System (SMS) standards for department, accreditation and licensure standards, and ethics of confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.