The Mentor Network Staff Recruitment Coordinator in Bakersfield, California
Staff Recruitment Coordinator Primary Location: CA-CABakersfield-4550 California Ave Function: Human Resources California MENTOR
Everybodyneeds a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated tomaking a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve.The heart of what we do is support peoplewith Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Staff Recruitment Coordinator withCalifornia MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position assistswith recruitment and hiring of employees for an assigned area. The StaffRecruitment Coordinator is responsible for attracting, screening, hiring andorienting new employees, and works with operations management to fill vacanciesfor new and existing programs.We seekan experienced recruiter who can build relationships withcandidates and successfully market our organization to develop a qualified poolof candidates. In this role you will manage applicants in the tracking systemand work closely with hiring managers to fill open positions with extraordinaryindividuals who have a heart for those we serve. Bring your creative ideas andyour passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have experience in recruitingcandidates and you’re looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTORto make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fastgrowing team today!
Supporting the recruitment of our most crucial employees, our Direct Support Professionals, the caregivers who support those individuals we serve, is the core of this dynamic role.The Staff RecruitmentCoordinator assists with recruitment and hiring of employees in our larger regions.
Working in the regional or area office, the Staff Recruitment Coordinator isresponsible for attracting, screening, hiring, and orienting new employees, filling vacancies for new and existingprograms within their assigned region.
- Partner with theStaff Recruitment Specialist and operations management to develop and executerecruitment strategies including, but not limited to job fairs, hire days,college career services, campus recruitment and partnering with other communityresources.
- Monitor and report on key recruitment and retentionmetrics.
- Track referred candidates per the employee referralprogram.
- Utilize the applicant tracking system, recruit employees by posting open positions on companyand external websites to attract qualified applicants.
- Appropriately and accurately track candidate progressin the applicant tracking system as they progress through the hiring process.
- Support the Staff Recruitment Specialist and operations in performing recruitmentactivities such as screening resumes, administering phone screens, schedulinginterviews, and interviewing.
- Ensure candidate qualifications are aligned with the requirements for the role.
- Coordinate hiring decisions with operations management; may extend offer or prepare andforward offer letter.
- Ensure Network and funder-required pre-employment verifications are completedincluding employee background checks, driver’s license checks, state registryand other required checks.
- Ensure applicant reference checks are completed, and alert the hiring manager and HumanResources when concerns arise.
- Assemble initial employee file including new hire paperwork, background checks and otherrequired information.
- Verify that all required information is collected and is in the employee file.
- Maintain confidentiality andconfidential documents
- Ensure purchasing cards and computer equipment are ordered prior to employee startdate, as applicable.
- Coordinate and conduct New Employee Orientation and Onboarding programs, includingemployee policies and procedures, initial orientation to the company and use ofemployee portal.
- Ensure the proper completion of new hire paperwork, I-9 and employee portalactivities.
- Refer employeerelations issues and policy questions to HR Business Partner or HR Generalistand keep immediate supervisor informed as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties and activities asrequired.